Welcome to our Travel Guide! If you are planning a trip to our clinics in Long Beach and Vista, we have compiled some useful information to help make your visit with your child more comfortable and stress-free.
All airlines are using HEPA filters for cleaner air on all aircraft to make sure that the air quality keeps everyone onboard safe. Always be sure to check your airline website for the most up-to-date policies and procedures.
Bring sanitizing wipes, or ask your driver if they have any available. Wipe down the door handles, seatbelts, and window control buttons before using them. Sanitize your hands after touching the door handles, seat belts, and anything else while in the vehicle. Avoid touching your face until the ride is over and you can wash your hands. Wash your hands as soon as possible once completing your ride.
The Food Allergy Institute is pleased to announce the launch of its Hotel Partnership Program. These partnerships are designed to connect our families to accommodations tailored to their needs. Patient families receive discounted rates in the hotels listed below:
Long Beach Hotel Partnerships
- Long Beach Marriott: (562) 425-5210, Promo Code: A4540.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach Downtown: (562) 495-0700, Promo Code: A4540.
- Courtyard by Marriott Long Beach Airport: (562) 429-5803, Promo Code: A4540.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Long Beach: (562) 595-0909, Promo Code: A4540.
- Courtyard by Marriott: (562) 435-8511, Promo Code: A4540.
- Hotel Royal: (562) 685-9315
- Hyatt Regency Long Beach: (562) 491-1234, Promo Code:151590.
- Hyatt Regency: (714) 698-1234, Promo Code: 151590. On-Site Restaurant prepares allergy-free meals.
- Long Beach Ronald McDonald House: (562) 285-4300, contact us for Registrations Forms. The Long Beach location includes:
- 23 private guest rooms with their bathroom
- Community kitchen
- Laundry facilities
- Help with transport to and from area hospitals
- 24/7 on-site staff
- TV area, kids play area, library, and community room
- Family computers with internet access
- Home-cooked meals most days
- Younger guests have their own children’s room with toys, TVs, and kid-sized furniture.
- $25 – $35 per night.
- The Cove Hotel: (562) 426-76. Offer a ticket package with the LB Aquarium. Mention Food Allergy Institute for Special Rate.
- The Hotel Current: (562) 597-1341. Offers a military discount of 20% off for all active military and veterans. Offers an aquarium package with two tickets and a one-night stay. ADA-accessible rooms, along with an apartment option.
- Hotel Maya- A Doubletree Hotel by Hilton: (562) 435-7676. Offer to have guests jetski from the hotel to the Catalina Islands. 7:30 – 4 PM with snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, and scuba diving.
San Diego/Vista Hotel Partnerships
- Courtyard by Marriott San Diego/Oceanside: (760) 966-1000. Promo Code: A4540.
- Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista- Carlsbad: (760) 814-8879. Promo Code:151590
- Seabird Resort: (855) 413-7573. Promo Code: CR151590.
- Mission Pacific: (844) 330-1722. Promo Code: CR151590.
Anaheim Hotel Partnerships
- Hyatt House Los Angeles/ LAX/ Manhattan Beach: (310) 725-0100. Promo Code: 151590.
- Long Beach Airport: (562) 570-7387. Flights to/from multiple US states including CA, HI, AZ, UT, NM, IL, TN, MO, CO, FL, and TX. Airlines include Southwest, Delta, American Airlines, and Hawaiian Airlines.
- Los Angeles Airport (LAX) (for domestic and international flights) (855) 463-5252. Bob Hope USO is available for veterans and active military members.
- John Wayne Airport (SNA): (949) 252-5200. Twelve airlines: Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Breeze Airways, Delta Airlines, Frontier Airlines, JSX, Southwest, Spirit, United Airlines, and WestJet. Bob Hope USO is available for veterans and active military members.
- San Diego International Airport: (619) 400-2404. About an hour away from our Vista location.
Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in Long Beach
- Noble Bird: 562-431-0445. Food-allergy-friendly restaurant. Access the mission statement and menu online.
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse: 562-467-0850. Access the food allergy and gluten-free menu online.
- Blaze Pizza Seal Beach: 562-245-5566. 12380 Seal Beach Blvd, Seal Beach, CA 90740. Access the allergen information.
- Chipotle: 1800 Ximeno Ave Long Beach, CA 90815. Access the allergens and special diet page.
- Red Robin: 112 Lakewood Center Mall Lakewood, CA 90712. Access the Allergy-friendly menu online.
- Creme de la Crepe: 400 E 1st St, Long Beach, CA 90802. Vegetarian & gluten-free options are available.
- In-N-Out: 4600 E Los Coyotes Diagonal Long Beach, CA 90815. Access the menu and allergen information online.
- Sensitive Sweets: 17431 Brookhurst Street Fountain Valley, CA 92708. 714-968-9169. The owner Melanie Hohman, the owner, has enrolled her child in our Tolerance Induction Program, making it a solid choice for patients with any type of Food Allergy (refer to the “About Us” section).
- Wild Chive: 2650 E Broadway Long Beach, CA 90803. Mainly breakfast, open Wed-Sun 10 AM- 2:45 PM. Access the menu online.
- Plant Power Fast Food: 5095 CA-1 Long Beach, CA 90804. Access the allergen menu online.
- Halal Guys: 1804 Ximeno Ave Long Beach, CA 90815. Access the allergen list, menu, and Halal certificate online.
- Veggie Grill: 6451 E. Pacific Coast Hwy, Long Beach, CA 90803. Access the allergen menu online.
Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in San Diego/Vista
- The Naked Cafe: 300 Carlsbad Village Drive, Suite 107A, Carlsbad, CA 92008. Access the Menu.
- Everytable: 620 Hacienda Dr Suite 104, Vista, CA 92081. Access the Menu.
Activities Near the Long Beach Clinic
- Disneyland: (714) 781-4636. Guests will need to make reservations and plan prior to going to the park.
- Aquarium of the Pacific: (562) 590-3100. General Ticket Pricing: Adult $36.95/Child $26.95/Senior $33.95.
- Go Kart World: (310) 834-3700. Go Kart World is a Southern California driving skills course experience providing the ultimate in competitive driving for all ages and skill levels.
- Long Beach Whale Watching: (562) 432-4900. Pricing varies, but they are as follows: walk up pricing for winter: Adults (12+ in age): $45 M-F, $50 Sat.-Sun.Seniors (62+) $40. Children (3-11): $30. Babies are free.
- Long Beach Museum of Art: (562) 439-2119. Tickets: General: $12, Students/ Seniors: $10, Children 12 and under: Free.
- Kidz Town Indoor Playground: (562) 420-7529. Children under 54 inches can play in the indoor park, while those taller cannot. The entry price covers 2 hours of play, and additional time will cost $8.50 per hour. Adults can enter for free, and the first child is $18 with $8.50 per each extra child.
- The Little Gym of Lakewood: (562) 239-4416. 4042 Hardwick Street, Lakewood, CA. The Little Gym of Lakewood is a children’s gym offering activities for kids including parent/child classes, gymnastics, and sports skills.
- Knott’s Berry Farm: (714) 220-5200. Hours vary and depend on the weather (as the park WILL shut down if it rains). Please check the hours here. Tickets price vary as well. Please look here for more information.
- Pelican Pier Pavilion at the Shoreline Village: 562-980-1415. A gaming center surrounded by a huge carousel. Over 70 video games to choose from along with skeeball, air hockey, etc.
Long Beach Metro Area Attractions:
- The Queen Mary Hotel: (562) 435-3510. Beautiful hotel with 347 original first-class staterooms and suites.
- Cabrillo Marine Aquarium: (310) 548-7562. Cabrillo Marine Aquarium is a trusted resource that inspires exploration, respect and conservation of Southern California marine life.
- Catalina Express: (800) 995-4386. Catalina Express’ fast boats depart daily from the Catalina Landing in Downtown Long Beach year-round.
- Los Cerritos Wetland: Four Mile Historical Park seeks to preserve Colorado’s western rural heritage.
- Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden: (562) 985-8885. Japanese garden encompassing 1.3 acres on the campus of California State University, Long Beach.
- El Dorado Regional Park: (562) 570-1771. This park includes a community center, sports courts, picnic sites, running trails, a disc golf course, tennis center, golf course, playgrounds, and ponds.
- Jack Dunster Marine Biological Reserve: (562) 570-3100. The Jack Dunster Marine Biological Reserve is located on the northwesterly side of the Los Cerritos Channel next to the Marine Stadium Rowing Center.
- Historical Society of Long Beach: (562) 424-2220. The Historical Society of Long Beach collects, preserves, and presents local history. Using historical documents, photographs, artifacts, and oral and written stories.
- Vincent Thomas Bridge: The Vincent Thomas Bridge is a 1,500-foot-long (460 m) suspension bridge, crossing the Los Angeles Harbor in the U.S. state of California, linking San Pedro, Los Angeles, with Terminal Island.
- Long Beach Waterfront: Along the water is Bluff Park, where you can stroll along the sand or in the grass while taking in breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean.
Shopping in Long Beach:
- Retro Row/Fourth Street: Located just a 10-minute bike ride or 30-minute walk from downtown Long Beach, Fourth Street is a diverse and independent shopping destination with almost 100 unique stores offering exclusive goods, foods, and experiences.
- Pine Avenue: As downtown’s main business anchor this street offers visitors one of the best selections of fine dining and entertainment choices found in Southern California.
- Shoreline Village: Long Beach, California 90802 Shoreline Village is a waterfront shopping, dining and entertainment center that overlooks Long Beach’s beautiful Rainbow Harbor.
- 2nd & PCH: A coastal contemporary retail and restaurant destination inspired by the neighboring marina.
- Long Beach Antique Market: Located at Long Beach Veterans Stadium, this Monthly open-air flea market offers 800+ vendors selling antiques, collectibles & vintage clothing.
Annual Local Events in Long Beach:
- Grand Prix of Long Beach: Dubbed the largest street race in the country, the Grand Prix of Long Beach is the largest event in the city drawing in a crowd of around 170,000 spectators.
- Long Beach Pride Festival & Parade: The Long Beach Pride is the second-largest event in the city and one of the largest Pride events in the country. With about 80,000 participants, the two-day event features more than 250 marching groups and floats representing various religious, governmental, sponsor, and social organizations.
- Long Beach Sea Festival: The Annual Long Beach Sea Festival consists of dozens of waterside festivals and events including: kids sailing competitions, the Chinese Dragon Boat Festival and the Great Sand Sculpture event.
- Pow Wow festival: Experience Long Beach’s latest art-focused festival! This week-long celebration of urban contemporary art features larger-than-life site-specific murals and multimedia installations by cutting-edge artists from around the world.
- Catalina Ski Race: Dubbed “The World’s Greatest Ski Race,” see more than 100 super boats race between Long Beach and Catalina Island. Water skiers from around the globe come to participate.
- Long Beach Jazz Festival: Take top jazz artists of the year, set them atop a grassy knoll in a beautiful lagoon and you’ve got the Long Beach Jazz Festival. You’ll also find a wonderful variety of food, displays of art and much more.
- Jet Blue Long Beach Marathon: The Marathon course runs along the waterfront a vast majority of the time and a half marathon course that’s strictly beachfront property.
Activities Near the Vista Clinic
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park: 619-231-1515. 15500 San Pasqual Valley Road, Escondido, California 92027. Sister park to the world famous San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance. Offers different safari options for families who would like to get up close with some exotic animals! Tickets start at $30.
- Balboa Park: 1549 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101. Balboa Park has three main attractions: the San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance, numerous museums (including the Comic Con museum and the Natural History museum), botanical gardens, restaurants, an art center- and more!
- USS Midway Museum: (619) 544-9600. 910 North Harbor Drive San Diego, CA 92101. Tickets range from $21 for children and veterans to $31 for adults.
- Legoland: 888-690-5346. 1 Legoland Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92008. Tickets start at $89, and they offer vacation packages when you book a night at one of their themed hotels.
- SeaWorld: (619) 222-4SEA. 500 Sea World Dr., San Diego, CA 92109. SeaWorld San Diego is an animal theme park, Oceanarium, outside the aquarium and marine mammal park, in San Diego, California. Tickets start at $109.99 and they offer special deals.
- Seaport Village: (619) 530-0704. 849 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA 9210. Seaport Village is a waterfront shopping and dining complex adjacent to San Diego Bay in downtown San Diego, California. It houses more than 70 shops, galleries, and eateries on 90,000 square feet of waterfront property.
- Torrey Pines Gliderport: (858) 452-9858. 2800 Torrey Pines Scenic Dr, La Jolla, CA 92037. Enjoy a bird’s-eye view of San Diego’s exceptional Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve by swooping serenely overhead in a paraglider.
- Gaslamp Quarter: (619) 233-5227. 599 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101. As the alluringly charismatic and historic heart of downtown San Diego, the 16-and-a-half-block Gaslamp Quarter blends Victorian charm with a 21st-century entertainment, shopping and nightlife scene.
- Cabrillo National Monument: 619 523-4285. 1800 Cabrillo Memorial Dr, San Diego, CA 92106. Sitting proudly amongst the astonishing cliffs of Point Loma, Cabrillo National Monument commemorates the historic moment when Portuguese explorer Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo sailed into San Diego Bay under the Spanish flag in 1542. The monument boasts spectacular 360-degree views of San Diego Bay, downtown and the surrounding region. On a clear day, you can even see the hills of Tijuana, Mexico.
- San Diego Museum of Art: 619.232.7931. 1450 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92102. The region’s oldest, largest and most-visited art museum, the San Diego Museum of Art has a nationally renowned permanent collection that includes Spanish and Italian old masters, as well as 19th-century American paintings and sculptures.
- San Diego Whale Watch: (619) 542-9931.1617 Quivira Rd, San Diego, CA 92109. San Diego Whale Watch offers year-round excursions for $40 per person.
- Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcala: (619) 283-7319. 10818 San Diego Mission Road
San Diego, CA 92108. The first and grandest of the California missions is Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcala, founded by the Spanish in 1769.
- Old Town San Diego: 619.656.4721. 4002 Wallace St, San Diego, CA 92110. Located in the center of San Diego, the quaint streets and Spanish-style architecture will transport you to 1769 where you can take in some Hispanic culture, art, and food.
- Belmont Park: 3146 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109. Belmont Park is a historic amusement park located on Ocean Front at Surfrider Square in the Mission Bay area of San Diego, California.
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps: (858) 534-3474. 2300 Expedition Way, La Jolla, CA 92037. Mix fun and science with a visit to the Birch Aquarium, which is the education and outreach center for the world-renowned research institution, Scripps Institution of Oceanography.
Sports and Entertainment
Baseball (April to September):
Football (September to January):
Basketball (October to June):
Hockey (September to June):
Soccer (March to October):